The Tibetan Ngari Korsum Association Switzerland as Support Organization of the Kailash-Projects
The Tibetan Ngari Korsum Association Switzerland is a charitable self-help organization of Western Tibetans in Switzerland. The association was founded in 1990 and comprises some 45 Tibetan member families..
- Patronage and management of the Kailash-projects
- Dance and music group, with a wide repetoire of instrumental, vocal and dance presentations
- Self-help organisation for specific promotion of the social, cultural and religious ideals of Western Tibetans
- Partnership development work between Tibetans in Switzerland and in Tibet
- Maintaining contacts with like-minded organizations
25 Years Tibetan Ngari Korsum Association Switzerland!
25 years ago, in June 1990, the members of twentyfive Tibetan families resident in Switzerland met in Ziegelbrücke to establish an association for families from Ngari, Westtibet.
The primary goal was to preserve and maintain Tibetan culture and also to solve problems of integration in Switzerland. We also had our thoughts on how we could support our Tibetan compatriots in Tibet, especially in education, health and environment.
Today the association can look back to 25 years of successful activity. Without the generous support from our sponsors this would not have been possible!
On September 26 2015 we celebrated at Horgen our jubilee. Pictures you will find in our gallery here.